CALVERTON COMEDY WEBSITE calvoblog.com conned readers into thinking it had to retract something or apologise for something today.
‘Not a bit of it,’ said editor Simon Carter, quoting himself as he wrote this article.
‘It was obvious folk would fall for it and click. They love scandal and gossip in this village. Love it.’
The actual point of this article, Simon said, was to let readers know that this was the 50th story posted on calvoblog since the launch of the website in June.
‘Good lord! A milestone,’ said Simon, still quoting himself.
‘I’m dead chuffed with all the great feedback and promise to continue my quest to bring little rays of sunshine into an increasingly bleak and angry social media landscape which, to be fair, is also regularly brightened by other people’s photos of bumblebees and whatnot.’
- Are you a calvoblog virgin? Here are our Top 10 most popular stories so far.
- Wortstock to Rock Village
- Anger as More Facebook Groups to be Built in Calverton
- Wildlife Photo Possibly Fake, Claims Village
- Admiral Rodney Now Admiral Wendy at Weekends
- Trump Not Coming to Calverton
- Villagers Gaze Forlornly at Moon
- Mad Max Film Crew Comes to Calvo
- New Dog Ownership Laws to Remove Control from Morons
- Parish Council Says Sorry for Heatwave
- Hand Car Wash Worker Accidentally Valets Horse